• Welcome to Watch Aficionados

Welcome! You are currently viewing our site as a guest. Please consider signing up for a free account to participate in all the great discussions and sharing of pictures and information.

From Merriam-Webster:

aficionado: a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity

Seiko Watch Photos

EddieTheBeast

I bought an SKX009 when my watch hobby started a few years ago. I haven't worn it often lately but still a favorite. You could get some good deals from Japanese sellers at the time and I think I got mine for $120 brand new.

large.Seiko_SKX009_05.jpg.a7e3f3712500267f579b3fb1dcf94f4b.jpg

^^^ Excellent photo and a perfect strap match - Interesting that the dial looks black instead of dark blue! Unfortunately the one I posted before this was a quick iphone shot!! ?

A better photo below on a 'dirty Bond' nato:

Dirty Bond 3.jpg

Edited by EddieTheBeast

The blue of the dial only cones out in bright light. Nothing wrong with iPhone shots, most of my pictures are from my phone these days.

I mostly wear mine on a navy blue zulu and refer to it as the Redford, even though he had his SKX on a nato.

5832CD48-9001-4DF0-9B20-8EC4F43DB3B9.jpeg.9c6594f96fa1ab4390ec72e8e69ab09c.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Eddie! Those models were only in production for a few years, too bad they were discontinued and are now hard to find and pretty expensive.

The SKX009 was one of the first watches I bought when I started in this watch hobby 5 years ago. The good old days when you could buy an SKX from Japan for US $110 / £90. ?

large.IMG_3571.jpg.b7ad7f5f1d789deff1011ebc0c9e2703.jpg

• 2 months later...